We're excited to announce that EduSpaze, EdTech Ignite, Practicle and Education Alliance Finland have jointly created an EdTech training program for Singaporean educators. The program is offered by Singapore Management University, SMU Academy, and the local educators can have the government to subsidize 90% of the course fee.
The program consists of two modules:
- SMU Executive Certificate in EdTech for Educators Module 1: Understanding the Power of EdTech (two days)
- SMU Executive Certificate in EdTech for Educators Module 2: Building Capacity for the Effective Use of EdTech (three days)
The executive certificate programme is designed to introduce educators to new EdTech solutions and reflect upon ways how to develop your own strategy and practice in delivering effective and engaging digital learning.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - EdTech for Educators Module 1
- Understand the need and benefits of leveraging EdTech for teaching and learning
- Access and evaluate a suite of innovative EdTech products and tools
- Design an online/ blended learning experience to improve engagement
- Collect and use data to enhance engagement and learning outcome
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - EdTech for Educators Module 2
- Understand the shift of teacher’s role leveraging EdTech and teacher’s role as an enabler as we move towards EdTech oriented learning
- Understand pedagogical benefits of specific tools, deepening understanding of how to evaluate EdTech tools
- Learn best practices on evaluating learning efficacy of tools used in the school/ classroom
- Apply game mechanics to a lesson to enhance engagement and learning outcome
- Take a deep dive into understanding and designing the types of data that educators need to collect and tools to analyse for more effective learning